1. Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from and what were you doing before arriving at THINK Global School?
I live in Central Florida, USA, have a BA degree in Psychology from the University of South Florida, and have been working in boarding schools for over 25 years. I was the Director of Admissions for 10 years at a private boarding school in Florida. I was also an evaluation team member for AdvanceEd and served as president of the Southeastern Association of Boarding Schools for six years.
2. What are your favorite aspects of your job?
My favorite part of my job is seeing new students enter TGS unsure of themselves or what to expect, but then graduate a few years later as a confident, wiser, more compassionate human being.
3. What aspects of THINK Global School’s educational model do you find most appealing?
The TGS educational model is based on project-based and experiential learning. Our students will experience things and learn from each other in areas of the world that most people can only imagine. They live with the locals and learn more than one perspective when working together on solutions to global issues.
4. If you could make one major change to global education, what would it be?
I believe all children should be required to study abroad and participate in community service for at least one year during their secondary education.
5. Which of our core values do you feel you most embody, and why?
Ubuntu – connect to a greater whole – in mutual support and community. I believe we are all connected, and we need the experiences of learning from each other in order to grow into the best version of ourselves we can be.
6. What is your most memorable travel experience thus far?
The most memorable travel experience yet for me was the trip to Peru and Machu Picchu. I was in awe of the Andes mountains and the Incan ruins.
7. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’ve always wanted to visit French Polynesia.
8. What is your favorite book and why?
I love any book by Dr. Seuss. The man was a genius!